Saturday, September 15, 2007

iPhone: "It's like the picture"

I've only had my iPhone a week so I hardly know everything it does (but I'm close). Yesterday I needed to do some banking for Mrs. Xackr - who is out of town - and I needed to know where the closest branch was. Hmmm, iPhone. I opened up maps and typed in the name of the bank and the zip code in search under maps. The map came up with little push pins sticking in it. I clicked the one I was interested in and the name popped up with a link to more info. I clicked the link and all the details from the branch popped up. The phone number was there already in the form of a button. Pressed it - and next thing you know I was talking to the bank.

"What time do you close today?"

"5:30"

"Cool"

I hung up. That was too freaking easy. It was actually easier than I ever thought it would be, and much easier than it's Windows counterpart that I owned -  the Blackjack. I was so excited that I had actually easily used a new piece of technology without posting a message in a forum somewhere I called Mrs. Xackr to tell her.

I recanted the experience.

"It was like the picture" she said.

"Huh?"

Then I remembered. One of my pet peeves is the difference between the picture and the product. For example go to your favorite hamburger joint sometime. Look at the hamburger on the wall in the picture. Order that. Unwrap it. Go hold it up to the picture. Enhhh.

But the iPhone actually lived up to the TV commercial. Actually exceeded it because I didn't know you could just press a button to connect to the pushpin. Too cool.

No comments: