Friday, February 20, 2009

New York Post Cartoon Not Just Racist, Offensive and Tasteless…..

It’s pathetically STUPID. It’s not funny. At all.

Exhibit A. The original highly offensive insensitive and racist – yet totally dumb too cartoon.

Where is the humor in a woman having her hands and face ripped off by a crazed chimpanzee? What is the implication that Obama’s stimulus bill was written by a chimpanzee? How are the two things, except possibly in the misty stupor of a heroin overdose, even remotely related? They aren’t. The only way this could have been dumber is if the had put the name tag “Mohammed” on the dead monkey. To top it off they stood their ground. I would have claimed a break-in to the press room by person or persons unknown myself. I can hear me now on the phone..”It says what! My God! Who could be that STUPID!!!!! Johnson get in her NOW!”

Look I don’t think Obama should be shielded from ridicule. No president should. I’m pretty confident that Obama knows how to handle those folks…

But this cartoon is obscene on so many levels not too mention trying to a)profit from and b) make light of a serious tragedy.

So I think they should not only apologize, preferably on the cover but they should run my cartoon, offered as a fix to this horrible faux pas of bad judgment.

image

No comments: