Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Believe Google

Tag me fanboy. Shake me to try to wake me. Regardless I believe Google is out to "not be evil."

I read a lot of posts about Google becoming another monolithic evil empire, etc. but I don't see anything to point to it. I don't see them trying to coerce us into a world controlled by Google. Just the opposite. I've seen Google do more in the past year to empower people than I have any other computer company. They monetize their users. They give them really useful tools. They go to bat for the user when Big Brother wants to peek.

I suspect we will be sold a lot of "look what they could do with all that info" in order to "hem" them in. But I'd be willing to bet that the real reason behind that effort is to stifle free and open communication and circumvent the natural success that comes from taking care of the customer, instead of forcing them to buy what you are selling.

There are just too many absolutely free tools available from Google that empower users for me to think that they are really "up to something."

So all the Google paranoia is lost on me.

I believe.

No comments: