Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Microsoft When Will You Learn?

I set up a laptop with Windows 7 last night. Man, I love running a clean install. Super fast. I've been thinking maybe Microsoft is learning to work and play well with others. The next thing I installed is my FireFox which I have to have. I then decided to install Windows Live Writer which is a great blogging tool. I also installed Windows Live Photo Gallery and Windows Live Movie Maker.

Run my Firefox afterwards and Microsoft has installed a ChoiceGuard add-on, changed my home page, and changed my search provider to Bing not inside IE which I wouldn't care - but inside my FireFox. None of which I asked for or wanted. Don't remember Microsoft explicitly saying we will change your homepage in your Firefox browser either. Not surprising though, that's the old Microsoft that I remember.

I've really wanted to like Microsoft for years. I've tried harder than anyone I know and defending them in a full on nest of Macabees. But they keep doing this kind of crap which is a complete turn off. Would your bottom line really suffer that much if you just did it straight up and made a great product and let it stand on it's own merit?

I guess for payback I'll have to put the Chrome in IE and speed up my Ubuntu testing schedule.

No comments: