Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Building the Xackr Network 2.6

The hubbub from the holidays have finally settled down and its time to get back to saving the planet. Where the heck is that red cape? I'm going to add a mini PC to the Xackr arsenal (see the Amazon inset) and I believe I have the recipes I need to get started to give you the tools you need to Xack your own life. If you are on tier 1 - No Money, No Tools - then walk to the nearest bank and ask for a free pen and then ask them if they have something you can write on. Problem solved. The whole paradox of building a Xackr network through a blog is you have to have access to see it. Ironic. Like when I was little my dad told me he would buy me a guitar if I would learn to play it first. That baked my little 8 year old brain for sure.

So step one in building the network is mapping the free wifi in your area. I will begin in my East Mississippi stomping grounds. Once you find good reliable free wifi in you area put a pushpin in your Xackr network and make a sweep outward from there. Part of building the network will be recruiting/encouraging/begging businesses to make their wifi available to John Q. Public. Once a useful documented map of wifi exists you can take quantum steps toward eliminating PAPER. Finally. You can also start to build your local Xackr network of people with the combined goal of "making life better." This means greening, sharing and caring. We can make things better first just by connecting and finding our common values, stop being driven by mindless consumption, and starting to take care of what we already have. I will be posting my wifi findings for my area here and maybe build a way for us all to share in one spot. If you have ideas contact me at my youtube account - Xackr.

Have a great new year - make life better!

Map has been started here. Contact me if you wish to collaborate.

No comments: